The Clinic Manager is accountable for the leadership of the business unit and site management team and for the sustainable performance of the site, ensuring alignment to the values and fostering a culture of inclusivity and empowerment. The incumbent will further be required to liaise with a complex network of stakeholders to ensure business growth and business unit sustainability. The Incumbent will also be responsible for the development and implementation of the division’s strategy in line with the strategic themes.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Derive plans to translate strategic direction to implement and deliver on key performance areas for the business unit.
- Manage change initiatives to support new business opportunities and maximise operational efficiencies.
- Investigate the economic conditions surrounding business activity such as industry trends and competition, including but not limited to legislative and regulatory aspects.
- Identify marketing opportunities by analysing consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share.
- Understand brand strategies and develop and execute targeted initiatives to build brand loyalty and to showcase our value proposition
- Locate or propose potential business opportunities by contacting potential professionals and discovering and exploring opportunities across the companies value chain.
- Refer potential new business opportunities to the Regional Operations Manager for further consideration.
- Maintain a detailed business plan to ensure effective accomplishment of potential income and market share growth.
- Understand the financial fundamentals of the healthcare industry to maximise business profitability.
- Initiate and implement operational activities of the business unit aimed at delivering best patient experience; best outcomes; most cost effective; whilst ensuring that employees remain engaged.
- Ensure all operational, billings and financial systems, controls and processes are executed in aligned to the relevant SOPs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure Billings are done timeously and correct
- Ensure all stock ordering, GRVing and stock management is done correctly and timeously
- Ensure compliance to month end processes
- Ensure correct procurement processes are followed
- Ensure operational efficiency which includes the management of the financial indicators and drivers of the business including but not limited to managing variable costs and actively managing the working capital, cash management and capital expenditure for the clinic.
- Prepare annual funding estimates, forecasting the demand for services and allocating budgets.
- Improve and maintain delivery of the health service by planning the services and accounting for the cost of care and the distribution of staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and CSA criteria.
- Ensure adherence to segregation requirements
- Pro-actively identify risks and implement action plans in mitigation.
- Ensure all incidents are logged and managed on the incident reporting system.
- Actively champion and ensure best and safest patient care.
- Responsible for the occupational health and safety management within the clinic.
- Champion the Leading the Netcare Way, and strategically lead through a culture of inclusivity.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Ensure achievement of transformation goals as set out by the Board of Social Ethics.
- Responsible for ensuring that leadership behaviours are modelled and aligned to the Netcare values.
- Provide timely guidance and feedback to help strengthen skill areas and leverage potential.
- Provide training and development opportunities for the respective teams aligned to the team’s core function.
- Establish the business unit to be an employer of choice to attract and retain the best talent to achieve group objectives.
- Recognise and reward performance appropriately.
- Create an environment where employees have an appreciation for their role in the overall business unit value proposition.
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Manage the performance and delivery of all direct reports.
- Actively encourage participation of all team members.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish business goals.
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Ensure that leadership behaviours are modelled and aligned to the Netcare values.
- Keep up to date with the companie’s evolving policies and procedures
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior managerial position, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Senior leadership in a hospital environment and /or service related environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build senior strategic partnerships.
- Ability to grow market share and / or meet business targets.
- Ability to present business proposals to senior executives and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in stakeholder relationship management
- Strong and persuasive negotiating skills
- Resilience within a complex and challenging environment
- Sound financial knowledge.
- A detailed understanding of financial and business management principles.
- Good knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Research and trend analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of government and private partnerships essential.
- Proficient understanding of legislative and business climate pertaining to healthcare
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinic Manager: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma (Preferred)
- Cape Town, Western Cape (Required)