SALARY : R173 703 – R204 612 per annum (Level 05) (plus benefits)
CENTRE : Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Grade 10 with 5-10 years’ experience or Grade 12 with 2-5 years’ experience.
- A PSIRA Grade B registration certificate. Must be PSIRA registered. Must have
- valid driver’s licence. Knowledge of the Control of Access to Public Premises
- and Vehicles Act, PSIRA Act, Criminal Procedure Act, Fire-arms Control Act,
- Trespass Act Minimum Information Security Standard (MISS), Minimum
- Physical Security Standard (MPSS), National Core Standard (NCS). Computer
- skills. Report writing. Interpersonal skills. Ability to deal or manage security
- related emergencies. Managerial skills. Ability to deal or manage patients and
- the public. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from
- different backgrounds. High level of reliability. Ability to handle confidential
- information. Ability to act with tact and discretion. Good telephone etiquette and
- interpersonal skills. Must be able to work under pressure, take initiative, work
- independently and with deferent teams in the unit. Ability to organize, lead and
- plan. Must be self-motivated. Must be prepared to rotate and work shifts which
- includes, weekends and public holidays and be able to attend to security
- emergencies. Should not have a criminal record. Experience in a security
- environment and a Firearm Competency Certificate will be an added
- advantage. Ability to act with tact and discretion. Must be self-motivated.
- Knowledge and application of the Batho Pele Principles, six (6) key ministerial
- priorities, Patients’ Rights Charter and other key priorities impacting on service
- delivery. Medical surveillance as an inherent job requirement.
- DUTIES : Ensure the safety of State property, employees, visitors and patients.
- Compilation of duty rosters. To lead a team of security personnel. Where
- required, to conduct and address security posting parades. Management of
- keys. Conduct security threats and risk assessments at his/her area of
- responsibility. Management of Security Control room activities. Contribute in
- the development of policies and procedures in the hospital. Assist in the
- management of the security service provider. Reporting of security breaches
- internally and to the South African Police Service. Holding of regular meetings
- with other stakeholders in his or her area of responsibility. Conduct Site
- inspections. Conduct administrative functions. Maintain and issue security
- equipment. Where required, conduct security escorting of patients, staff
- members and medicine to various institutions. Conduct searches of missing
- patients in various locations and the provision of reports. Compilation of
- statements and testify in court. Assist in the management of queues and traffic
- control. Assist with the management of riots and strikes. Give security or work
- instructions. Facilitate the clamping of incorrectly parked vehicles. Comply with
- Security dress code at all times. Implementation and enforcement of security
- policies and procedures. Contribute in the compilation of weekly reports.
- Adherence to timelines. Perform other duties as allocated by the supervisor.
- Be willing to undergo continuous training and development programs. Attend
- meetings as approved by supervisor. Conduct the Performance Management
- and Development System of subordinates (Contracting, quarterly reviews and
- final assessment).
- ENQUIRIES : Mr L.J. Mnisi Tel No. (011) 933-9549
APPLICATIONS : Applications should be hand delivered to The Director: Human Resource, Chris
Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital between 8am and 3pm at Ground Floor,
Main Admin Building or posted to The Director: Human Resource, Chris Hani
Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Private Bag X01, Pimville, 1808 or Email to:
NOTE : Applications must be submitted on form Z83 fully completed, obtainable from
any Public Service Department or on the internet at
The completed and signed form should be
accompanied by a recently updated CV that specifies the following: All
experience indicating the position, institution and respective dates
(DD/MM/YY). Documents to be attached are ID document, copies of
qualification/s including matric and relevant council registration certificate and
proof of current registration (Where applicable). Relevant service certificates.
Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not
being considered. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after
the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) –
Verification (Reference checks- Provide at least 3 off which one must be
immediate supervisor, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal
record checks, credit/financial stability checks and employment verification).
The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as
required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993. CHBAH
reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/tests for Non-SMS positions
during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the
post(s). The Gauteng Department of Health is guided by the principles of
Employment Equity; therefore, all the appointments will be made in accordance
with the Employment Equity target of the department. People with disability are
encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE : 18 September 2020