A Senior Store Manager is needed to support the Store Manager in leading and managing the daily operations of the store. This individual will share responsibility for ensuring that the store’s overall objectives, store targets, and customer service standards are met and exceeded.
- Stock Management:
- Verify that the stock has been received and unpacked accurately to replenish the sales floor,
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Authorize write offs, breakages, recalls and returns.
- Sales Growth & Profitability:
- Analyse sales & profitability reports in store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance and monitor store expenditure.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to support centre and enhance sales.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Risk Management:
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g., admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO reports, POS (Point of Sales) reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance to policies and procedures.
- Customer Experience Management:
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping etc.) to meet customer service standards.
- Leadership & Development:
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Drive and strengthen store culture through positively communicating and demonstrating our values of passion value and partnership.
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- 3 Years’ experience in retail.
- Management experience (advantageous).
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Sales & service management.
- Computer literate.
- Communication skills
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.